LED's Small and Emerging Business Development (SEBD) Program provides the managerial and technical assistance training needed to grow and sustain a small business. This hands-on workshop will allow you to actively sign up and get SEBD certified. If you are a future entrepreneur, come out and learn the benefits of this program so you can take advantage of it when you get started.
This program provides the following:
• Developmental assistance, including entrepreneurial training, marketing, computer skills, accounting, business planning, and legal and industry-specific assistance.
• Consideration for bidding on select products or services purchased by state agencies.
• SEBD Intermediaries provide a free needs assessment and assistance with accessing other program benefits.
• No cost access to certified training courses
To register at workshop, please have the items below.
– Name of Business, Business Address (including Parish), Phone Number, Business Email
– DBA (if applicable)
– Year Established
– Contact Person and Title
– Products and Services that the Business sells or provides
– NAICS Code
– Following Tax Information:
– Federal Tax ID Number
– Social Security Number (last 6 digits only)
– State Tax ID is NOT required
– State Purchasing Vendor Number is NOT required
– Business Structure
– Business Operations
– Number of Employees (Including Yourself)
– Current Total Business Assets
– Current Total Business Net Worth (Assets-Liabilities)
– Annual Gross Revenue
Launch Your Business with geauxBIZ
Are you ready to get your business off the ground, but don't know where to start? If the answer is yes, you're in luck!
The Louisiana Small Business Development Center is offering a hands-on workshop on Louisiana geauxBIZ, the one-stop site for launching a business in Louisiana.
During this two-hour workshop, a geauxBiz representative will go through the online registration process, step-by-step. You will learn how to:
• reserve a business name
• create a checklist of federal, state and local licenses and permits
• file with the Secretary of State, Department of Revenue, and Louisiana Workforce Commission
• apply for unemployment insurance
• find helpful resources
Register now to learn how to launch your business with geauxBIZ!