LED's Small and Emerging Business Development (SEBD) Program provides the managerial and technical assistance training needed to grow and sustain a small business.
* Provides for developmental assistance, including entrepreneurial training, marketing, computer skills, accounting, business planning, and legal and industry-specific assistance.
* Consideration for bidding on select products or services purchased by state agencies.
* SEBD Intermediaries provide a free needs assessment and assistance with accessing other program benefits.
Come to this workshop to learn about the eligibility, benefits, and how to become certified.
BRING YOUR COMPUTER TO APPLY ON SITE.
Speaker: Christina Davis, SEBD Specialist and LSBDC Business Consultant
Owning your own business is like trying to keep 23 plates spinning on top of narrow wooden sticks without one falling to the ground and shattering into a million tiny pieces. It seems there are constant demands that keep you ‘burning the candle at both ends.” It’s easy to allow the tyranny of the urgent to overthrow the important.
In this interactive and engaging workshop, you will have the opportunity to reorient yourself to what matters most and rediscover how practicing timeless principles may actually help you work faster, more efficient and impact the bottom line.
Drawing from the wisdom of the best and brightest leadership literature and years of management experience, Chris Ramsey will walk you through a practical and implementable action plan to help your business succeed.
• How Trust changes everything in business and how you can do something about it
• What specific behaviors are hurting your business and which ones could help it
• One thing that you can do different to lead your business to maximum success
This workshop is highly recommended for all individuals interested in
• Determining the feasibility of their business idea,
• Planning to start or have just started a small business,
• Expanding their business,
• Seeking a small business loan, or
• Wanting to learn more about planning.
Topics of discussion will include business feasibility, business planning, sources of funds for start-up and expansion, small business resources, and required licenses. There is no charge to attend the workshop, but pre-registration is requested.